Flags are a great way to show your patriotism towards your country or favourite sports club or team. We have flags that come in all sizes and shapes. Let us know what you are looking for and we’ll make sure you get the best wholesale rate.
Facts About Flags
Here are some interesting facts about flags that you might not have known:
- Terminologies used in “flag lingo” are Hoist, Fly, canton & the field. Hoist is the edge of the flag nearest to the pole and the fly is the other side of the flag. The canton is the upper left hand side of the flag and the field is the background colour of the flag
- What colours on flags symbolise
- White Flags – Peace & honesty
- Blue Flags – Truth, loyalty, justice, perseverance and vigilance
- Black Colours – Determination
- Yellow Flags – Generosity
- Red Flags – Strength, valour, hardiness and bravery.
- Romans were the first civilisation to use cloth flags
- Coat of Arms were used on flags thus the beginning of the use of them
- People used flags as a way of communication on the battlefields
- Romans put square flags on crossbar at the end of their spears which inspired the use of fastening flags on poles and hoisting them up.