Wholesale Gardening Tools
Check out our selected range of gardening tools at wholesale prices. From spades, garden rake, ploughs, forks, and a whole variety of other tools sign up to our wholesale page and check out what we stock.
Taking Care of Your Gardening Tools
When you buy new gardening tools its important that you look after them so they last much longer. A well kept gardening tool will ensure you get the job done properly. Here are a few tips to care for your gardening tools.
- Remove any dirt or soil before you store your tools
- Make sure your tools are dry before storage
- Wipe your tools with a rag before washing or cleaning to ensure all dirt is removed
- Sharpen your tools often ensuring they do not blunt and damage
- Use the appropriate chemicals to clean your tools and fertilizers and other chemicals you use in gardening can damage them.
- Use rust protection or oil your metal tools to prevent rust.
Various Garden Tools
There are so many different tools you will use in the garden so here’s a quick guide to what you would use:
- Garden Shovel – Designed for lighter use and designed for persons with less muscle.
- Round Point Shovel – For digging and scooping, most vestal and most used shovel.
- Square Point Shovel – Flat shovel used for leveling dirt, walkways, etc. Can also scoop gravel, soil or snow.
- Irrigation Shovel – Designed with a round edge used to make planting holes.
- Scoop Shovel – A large shovel made to shovel lighter materials like sawdust.
- Spading Fork – Used to break up heavy dirt and also great for digging up weeds.
- Barn Fork – Much longer and designed to be used in a barn for hay or other heavy weeding.
- Garden Hoe – With a long handle and a flat blade at the tip which is position at a right angle to the handle. Used to groom the soil or flatten the earth.
- Weeding Hoe – Designed to remove weeds.
- Warren Hoe – Designed for planting rows and cultivating between plants. Handle is tipped with a narrow blade (hoe) and two thin poles like ears at the back which is used to pull newly placed soil over the seeds.
- Bow Rake – Used to rake leaves or heavy materials. Made from steel so it’s very durable and most vestal rake.
- Level Head Rake - Similar to a bow rake but the back of the rake is flat which is ideal for leveling surfaces.
- Lawn Rake – A rake shaped like a triangle with the rake at the base of the triangle. Used to rake light materials like dried leaves.
- Cultivator – Used to remove shallow weeds similar to a fork but the tips are bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Pruning Shear – Very useful tool for cutting and shaping your garden. Comes in few different sizes.
- Hedge Shear – Designed to shape hedges and other types of shrubs and bushes.
- Lopping Shear – For cutting branches and larger wood or materials that you cannot cut with hedge shears.
- Trowel – Are miniature shovels used for planting seeds or shallow digging of dirt.
- Weeder – A smaller version of the weeding hoe designed for single handed use.
- Wheelbarrow – Used to transport garden materials, pots, plants, tools and anything that will fit. Usually made from steel and comes with two wheels at the front with two metal points at the back.
- Pick – Designed for mining or serious digging in the garden. Can hack rock and dig up hard surfaces.
- Pruning Saw – A small saw for one handed use. Designed for cutting of branches other types of hard wood.
See more premium products from the WeWholesale Home & Garden Accessories range: